Nouvelles d'Eva Avila?

Venez discuter de tout ce qui touche l'émission Canadian Idol!
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Merci pour l'article Ninty

JOYEUX NOEL ET BONNE ANNÉE 2009!!!!
ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

Katharine & Eva
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :Le mardi 27 mars 2007

Photo fournie par Maybelline New York

Eva Avila devient ambassadrice de Maybelline New York

Presse Canadienne

Montréal

La chanteuse québécoise Eva Avila, lauréate du concours Canadian Idol, s'associe à la marque de produits de cosmétiques Maybelline New York.

Elle fera ses débuts à titre d'ambassadrice de Maybelline New York sur la couverture de l'édition printemps/été du magazine Teen Glow, dont la sortie en kiosque est prévue pour le 3 avril prochain.

Eva Avila a été propulsée à l'avant-scène de la musique après avoir remporté le titre de la populaire émission Canadian Idol en 2006. Après avoir lancé son premier album intitulé Somewhere Else, elle a entamé une tournée pancanadienne qui s'achèvera bientôt.

Pour la firme de cosmétiques, Eva capte l'essence même de Maybelline New York et incarne les nombreuses valeurs qui lui sont chères, faisant d'elle une parfaite ambassadrice pour la marque. Nathalie Kristo, directrice du marketing chez Maybelline New York, affirme qu'Eva a cette sensibilité naturelle pour la beauté, un style qui lui est propre, une détermination sans borne et une attitude positive.

Par ailleurs, Eva Avila est finaliste dans la catégorie Nouvel Artiste de l'année au gala des Prix Juno 2007 qui seront présentés sur les ondes de CTV, le 1er avril prochain, en provenance de Saskatoon. Son premier album est certifié or, tandis que son premier extrait, Meant to Fly, a fait son entrée en première position du palmarès Canadian Soundscan pour y passer six semaines consécutives. Le troisième extrait, Fallin for You, sera lancé sur les ondes radio et en vidéo le 9 avril prochain.

source;
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070 ... 8/CPARTS03

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Pour le plaisir...

josephine
Caïd de la Causette

Message par josephine »

Eva est vraiment une très belle jeune femme, pas surprenant que Maybelline l'ait recrutée!  
*J*a*n*i*e*
Manitou de la Parlotte

Message par *J*a*n*i*e* »

Eva Avila to be first Canadian face of Maybelline
Updated Wed. Mar. 28 2007 4:38 PM ET

Eye on Idol

Eva Avila auditioned for "Canadian Idol" hoping to earn a singing career and ended up with a secondary career as a model in the process. A former beauty consultant herself, Avila now heads to the other side of the makeup brush as the newest face of Maybelline New York.

"It's extremely flattering," Avila told CTV's "eTalk." "I honestly never expected this. When I think about (where I was) a few months ago... this came as a really awesome surprise."

Avila will be the first Canadian to represent the brand.

She got her start in the fashion world when she was picked up by Ford Models after winning the Idol competition in September. She says she has always been interested in a diverse career and is excited to see what this new world is all about.

"I always thought, you know, don't limit do yourself to just one thing," she said. "I really think it's awesome that I can include fashion and beauty into my music career because, you know, I love that stuff. I'm a girl. It opens many doors and brings me to these awesome opportunities ...to be as versatile as possible."

Her new gig began with a photo shoot for Teen Glow Magazine, the signature beauty publication of the Shopper's Drug Mart chain (a member of the same corporation as Pharmaprix, where Avila used to work). And even after all the photo and video shoots she's participated in since appearing on "Canadian Idol," she says the makeup routine never gets old.

"It's very therapeutic," she said. "It makes you feel good as a woman. Getting made up is very, very good and its good for the self esteem."

And, having plenty of stylists around means she's always got new ideas for what to wear to her myriad of public appearances.

"Everyone has really helped me develop my sense of style and my sense of fashion," she said. "Now I have an idea what I want to look like and what kind of image I want."

But becoming a model doesn't mean Avila's taken time off from singing. She recently shot a video for her upcoming single "Falling for You," is in the middle of a national concert tour and will present an award at the Junos, where she is also nominated for best new artist.

"It's weird to say (but) I already knew at some level that I wanted to do this," she said. "I've been working towards this all my life so it feels like a reward. I'm just so lucky to be living all of this."

Yoyu
Caïd de la Causette

Message par Yoyu »

Éva devait avoir une émission à TVA à la fin de ce mois-ci...
Avez-vous des nouvelles....?

--Message edité par yoyu le 2007-04-01 21:17:30--
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :AVILA FINDS YOU CAN'T BE AN IDLE IDOL

TARA ZUROWSKI / tara@vueweekly.com

Long before landing on Canadian television screens as the eventual winner of the 2006 season of Canadian Idol, Eva Avila was already performing in front of crowds, joining her father as he busked on the streets of Ottawa’s bustling Byward Market. From the age of three, Avila says that she knew what she wanted to do with her life.

“My father’s been a musician all his life and used to sing on the street,” Avila recalls. “Wherever he’d go out to perform, he’d take me along with him. That’s where I got my experience. So it’s really thanks to him that I got to do that when I was young.”

Since winning Canadian Idol last summer, Avila has relocated to Toronto and released her debut album, Somewhere Else. As happy as she is to have the opportunity to make a living at music, Avila laments the fact that the disc was recorded in a little less than a month.

“It happened so quickly after Idol,” she admits. “I regret there was no time for me to put my signature on some of the songs. I’d love to pursue that [on] the next album; am even thinking about a French album. I want to develop my creativity, start playing piano again and write some lyrics, as soon as I can get settled.

“My life has completely changed,” she continues. “Every aspect. I live on my own now. I don’t really even have a routine. It’s really busy. I have to admit that I feel completely in my element. It’s what I’ve always wanted to do.”

Initially, Avila was reluctant to audition for Canadian Idol, admitting that she was among those who criticized the show and conceding that she was not thrilled about the idea of developing a reputation around the television program.

“I definitely did not expect to win,” says Avila. “Before, I was questioning if the whole television contest thing was the right thing for me. The morning of the auditions, I had this weird gut feeling telling me that I had nothing to lose, and I just went for fun. It was definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

Avila is quick to admit that it was sometimes difficult to stand in the spotlight while the show’s judges dished out some hard criticisms.

“At first, obviously the judges were really harsh,” remembers Avila. “They tried to test my limits, and kept asking me if I really wanted to do this. They tried to intimidate me a little bit so that I would feel pressured. I wasn’t sad, I was really scared! It worked because it made me perform even better than I thought I could; pushed me over my limits. I’m really happy that they were hard on me. I wouldn’t have gotten this far.

“I still get nervous when I go on stage,” she concludes. “It’s automatic—you get stressed. Being on stage night after night has really helped me become less nervous. It’s now more excitement rather than nerves. I just love what I do.”

source:
http://www.vueweekly.com/articles/default.aspx?i=6104

josephine
Caïd de la Causette

Message par josephine »

Voilà un bel article d'Eva...merci Felix!
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :Nomination enough for family of Gatineau Idol

By NELLY ELAYOUBI

Gatineau songstress Eva Avila might not have won at the Junos last night but her family is still very proud.

"I'm very happy," her father Carlos Avila said from his Gatineau home after the awards show. "Just the fact that Eva was nominated -- it was a big thing for her."

Canadian Idol Avila, 20, lost to Tomi Swick in the new artist of the year category. Her dad said she was up against some tough competition and artists with more experience than her in the business.

Family and friends were glued to the TV, eagerly awaiting the results from the show.

"I was awake at 5:45 a.m.," her mother Suzanne Gougeon said. "As soon as I woke up, I started thinking of Eva."

Eva is touring the country and pushed back her Calgary concert to attend the Junos.

Her dad is sure she has nothing but good things ahead in her singing career.

"Her dreams are coming true right now because she's living out her dream," he said. "But in the future, the way things are going and the way she is, she'll just get better and better."

source:
http://ottsun.canoe.ca/News/OttawaAndRe ... 0-sun.html

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :

Avila rides Idol fame-thrower

CanWest News Service
Published: Saturday, March 31, 2007

EVA AVILA

With: George

When: Monday night at 7:30

Where: Winspear Centre

Tickets: 428-1414, $24.50-29.50 plus service charges

- To listen to clips from Avila's debut CD, go to Online Extras at www.edmontonjournal.com

- - -

Eva Avila may have to skip out early from the Junos post-show parties Sunday night to make the trip to Edmonton for her Monday night concert.

The latest Canadian Idol champ hopes to have a big win to celebrate in the new artist of the year category.

It's a thrill to be nominated, says the 20-year-old.

"It's totally flattering. It's such an honour. Whether I win or not, it doesn't matter," she says, then revises the thought: "Of course there's a little part of me that would love to win."

Avila is on a roll. Her latest single, I Owe It All To You, is climbing the charts. She's touring in support of her urban-pop album, Somewhere Else, and this week, she was named Maybelline's first Canadian beauty ambassador.

She isn't thinking too much about her next recording. Fluent in three languages, the Gatineau, Que., native says she'd like to try a French album one day.

Her father, Carlos, is Spanish by descent, and she credits him for teaching her to sing. At a recent concert, he joined Avila on stage to sing Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time. It was an emotional moment, and though Avila choked up, she kept the waterworks at bay.

"I'm not a crier; it takes me a lot to cry. I have a very, very strong shell or barrier -- I don't know how to explain it. I'm kind of tough. I have to be really, really, really sad to cry.

"You have to have some kind of shell because this is a hard business. You have to kind of neutralize yourself and stay focused on what you're there for."

source:
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/n ... 5d&k=25530

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Article dans Hello Magazine

Citation :
Natural beauty Eva Avila is new face of Maybelline

3 APRIL 2007

Fresh faced beauty Eva Avila couldn't have imagined that her Canadian Idol win last year would ultimately lead to a prestigious contract with one of the world's makeup giants, Maybelline New York. "I feel like I can be an inspiration to young girls, women, everyone," says the talented 20-year-old chanteuse of her new modelling job.

The Gatineau-born singer follows in the gorgeous footsteps of fellow Maybelline models Christy Turlington, Sarah Michelle Geller and Tyra Banks and is the first Canadian to do so. Her entry into the beauty spotlight doesn't mean the rising star will be slowing down her music career anytime soon, though.

Her latest single I Owe It All To You is climbing the charts and she is already becoming used to the awards scene after jetting into the Junos in Saskatoon on Sunday. Despite going home empty handed from the gala ceremony, the rising star was simply thrilled to be nominated in the new artist of the year category for her debut album Somewhere Else. "It's totally flattering," said Eva, adding: "It's such an honour."

source:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/canada/200 ... aybelline/

accompagné d'une photo d'Éva

Eva, who turned up to the Junos in a sassy combination of denim jeans and Chanel jacket, is the first Canadian spokesmodel for Maybelline
Photo: © George Pimentel --Message edité par felix le 2007-04-03 16:18:50--

ImWyckA
Immortel du Domaine

Message par ImWyckA »

felix  a écrit

Elle est vraiment jolie mais par contre, je n'aime pas trop la pose de ses jambes
Ice Princess
Immortel du Domaine

Message par Ice Princess »

Oui est belle!!!
la pose sa fait style
'''Stars dolls'''
Est cute!!!

On l'adore pareil ^^)
Merci pour les articles !!!
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Ice Princess  a écritOui est belle!!!
la pose sa fait style
'''Stars dolls'''
Est cute!!!

On l'adore pareil ^^)
Merci pour les articles !!!

Tu peux les mettre sur ton forum d'Éva si tu veux...J.A.N.I.E. avait aussi une belle collection d'articles sur Éva dans son forum, ce serait excellent de les transfèrer aussi sur sur ton forum.

Éva ira loin...elle apprécirait surement beaucoup venir lire tout cela sur ton forum...un de ces jours.

*J*a*n*i*e*
Manitou de la Parlotte

Message par *J*a*n*i*e* »

Merci Felix...

Pour ce qui est du forum....je crois que je vais le garder ouvert finalement et tout rajouter!
felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

*J*a*n*i*e*  a écritMerci Felix...

Pour ce qui est du forum....je crois que je vais le garder ouvert finalement et tout rajouter!

C'est une excellente nouvelle cela...j'irai te visiter plus souvent à l'avenir...bonne chance dans tous tes projets.

p.s.: je m'excuse d'avoir mal écrit ton nickname....

au lieu de J.A.N.I.E....j'aurais dû écrire *J*a*n*i*e*...mais c'est long à taper sur le clavier.  lol!!!

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Citation :Canadian Idol star Avila deserving of wider attention
Joanne Paulson, The StarPhoenix
Published: Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Eva Avila might be, at least for the present, stuck with the Canadian Idol demographic -- which is truly a shame, because this young woman has pipes that deserve to be heard by a wider audience.

It was a small crowd at her Tuesday night concert -- perhaps 450 or 500 people -- and 90 per cent of them were girls, aged about six to 14.

She sang, they squealed. She came into the audience, they ran to her. She's certainly a star with the young set, but if she can convince an adult crowd that she's more than an Idol, she may have a future with that strong, nimble voice.

Avila was in Saskatoon for the Juno Awards on the weekend, then performed Monday night in Edmonton before returning for the TCU Place concert.

Yet her voice showed no strain; her clear, pure soprano rose to hit the high notes with apparent effortlessness. This young woman can really sing -- and not just pop.

She proved that by settling into an acoustic arrangement with her band for one song, a French ballad that showed she can switch gears to a chanson from rocking out. It was beautifully done, even moving.

Avila, who is from Gatineau, Que., speaks three languages, and has said she wants to record a French album.

That would be an excellent idea; if she could get the Quebec public behind her, she might have a shot at a more mature audience, not unlike Celine Dion.

She was also fantastic performing This Kind of Love, written by Cyndi Lauper, who was one of the stars advising Canadian Idol finalists last year. Lauper was trying to get the singers to express themselves more fully, which is definitely something Avila could learn more about.

"She had me doing jumping jacks in the studio at two in the morning," said Avila of Lauper.

It may seem odd to suggest that someone as beautiful as Avila needs to work on her body language, but there you have it. Although she loosened up near the end of the concert, Avila is a bit stiff out there, following a standard stage path from middle to side to side, and then briefly in front of the drummer.

She's only 20, though; and her sweet, quiet demeanour during the French song showed promise.

She came out singing her Latin- flavoured song, I Owe It All To You, and also performed her first hit, Meant To Fly. A short medley of Annie Lennox tunes, including Would I Lie To You and Sweet Dreams, was immensely cheered by the older members of the crowd.

Even before the concert ended, little girls were heading out the doors to her autograph table, obviously dying to meet her.

It was the same scene at intermission, when opening act George (Nozuka, but he's a one-name guy) attracted a long line-up of smitten girls.

George does not have Avila's voice, nor her material, but this audience did not care. He came out, bare-chested, to break-dance with two other young men (Irv and Mikey, who tirelessly posed for pictures in the lobby, bless them). This delighted the girls; but I wonder about crotch-grabbing when your demographic is so young. He then settled into his solo act, singing his songs Butterfly and Talk to Me, among others, from his album Believe.

It's definitely an act to appeal to young girls, with repetitive lyrics and simple melodies; yet George does have charm and certainly seemed to have grace under the pressure of signing dozens of autographs.

source:
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoe ... ac6c2ab586
--Message edité par felix le 2007-04-06 23:03:53--

felix
Immortel du Domaine

Message par felix »

Eva Avila
Fallin' For You

écoutez le vidéo
http://www.sonybmg.ca/